Friday, 17 August 2007

Plot Update

The plot has grown loads recently, unfortunately its mostly weeds again. But i did manage to dig up some more potatoes although blight has ruined a fair few of them. I took a good couple of handfuls of the white chard pictured below, and tonight i made a chard gratin to go with some gammon steaks. I now cannot move to far or fast!! The chard has been a success this year amongst all the other poor crops.
I also thinned out the swedes, picked some runner beans and courgettes, and pinched out the tips of the pumpkins as they have several fruits now on each plant.

No comments: